Skincare oils are having a big moment right now. It’s the perfect time to discover which one is right for your skin type that will make huge improvements to the texture and tone of your skin. From coconut oil to olive oil, to argan oil, to avocado oil, there's so many natural oils out there with different benefits. If you aren’t using a variety of skincare oils, you may be missing out on positive changes to your skin.
Two popular skincare oils are jojoba oil and rosehip oil. Both have similar benefits that work for a variety of skin types including dry skin, oily skin, and even sensitive skin. So how do you know which one is right for your skin type? Let’s look at these two beauty oils, jojoba oil and rosehip seed oil, to figure out how to choose the best oil for your skin from Cosmedica Skincare. We offer both beneficial oils in many of our products.
Benefits of Jojoba Oil
Here’s a fun fact about jojoba oil. It’s not an oil at all, but a wax ester that is produced from the seeds of the Simmondsia chinensis or the jojoba plant. It has the appearance of an oil, so that’s the common way it’s referred to in skincare products. Jojoba oil is used in so many different cosmetic products, from shampoos to body lotions, and practically anything else you can think of when it comes to beauty. As a nutrient-rich oil that feels lightweight, but is very hydrating, jojoba oil is a great candidate for all skin types.
- Highly Moisturizing - With a high content of linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid found in many plant oils, jojoba oil nourishes dry and dehydrated skin. Your skin will feel silky soft, too.
- Soothes Dry Patches - Dry, cracked, or rough skin is smoothed out with the vitamins and minerals in jojoba oil. Flaky texture? Bye-bye! That’s a thing of the past with regular use of jojoba oil products.
- Relieves Sunburnt Skin - This is due to the high vitamin E content as a beneficial antioxidant for the skin.
- Antibacterial Properties - With antibacterial properties present in this oil, it’s beneficial for acne-prone skin and skin irritation because it reduces bad bacteria growth.
- Balances Oil Production - A great oil for combination skin, jojoba can control oil production so that your skin has just the right amount.
- Gives a Glow - By making it less dull, it gives a natural, radiant glow to your skin's surface.
- Reduces Appearance of Lines and Wrinkles - With vitamin B complex, jojoba acts as an anti-aging oil. It helps to boost collagen and elastin production, encourages cellular turnover, and can make those pesky lines and wrinkles appear less prominent.
- Non-Comedogenic - Jojoba oil won’t clog your pores. It has a very good rating on the comedogenic scale, and it’s similar to the sebum that your own skin produces, so you don’t have to worry about breakouts or blemishes created by jojoba oil.
Benefits of Rosehip Oil
Rosehip oil or rosehip seed oil, as it’s sometimes called, is an oil derived from the fruited seeds of the rose bush. It usually comes from the variety, Rosa Rugose, although many kinds of rose bushes, such as the Rosa Canina, produce these seeds. Rosehip is considered a dry oil, meaning it absorbs quickly into the skin. You can even find rosehip powder with similar benefits. Rosehip oilis high in linoleic acid, vitamin C, and vitamin A, which can all have great benefits for the skin.
- Reverse Sun Damage - This is due to the high vitamin A content that can help to reduce the appearance of dark spots (hyperpigmentation) or sun damage to the skin.
- Minimizes Wrinkles - It’s vitamin A to the rescue again, making lines and wrinkles less noticeable.
- Treats Mild Acne - For those with occasional acne problems, rosehip seed oil helps prevent and heals breakouts.
- Improves Stretch Marks - It’s been said that rosehip oil reduces the appearance of newer stretch marks due to the fatty acid and vitamin C content.
- Boosts Collagen Production - By increasing collagen production in the skin, it helps the skin resist premature aging.
- Hydrates the Skin - Like most oils, rosehip hydrates and nourishes the skin. The omega-9 fatty acids (oleic acid) keep cell walls flushed with moisture and healthier-looking.
- Reduces Inflammation - Rosehip oil's anti-inflammatory property helps calms inflamed and irritated skin. It’s the vitamin E content, polyphenols, and anthocyanin that can help skin conditions like eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, and dermatitis.
Jojoba Oil vs. Rosehip Oil: Which Is Right for Your Skincare Concerns?
This is a hard question to answer, since both oils can offer so many benefits to the skin and neither one of them will clog your pores. That means any skin type can use either of these oils.
For those with concerns about the effects of aging on their skin, it’s better to use rosehip seed oil. It has a higher content of vitamin A that can help with cell turnover and improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles better.
With oily or acne-prone skin, jojoba oil is a better choice because it’s most similar to the skin’s own sebum and can help balance oil production.
Can You Mix Jojoba Oil with Rosehip Oil?
The answer to this question is an easy yes! Mixing the two together will work well on the skin because both readily absorb won’t leave a greasy feeling behind. Blending them together will even make each oil work better for your skin. That’s why at Cosmedica Skincare we make a variety of products that contain each of these beneficial facial oils and some that contain both. Let’s explore the products that have these amazing facial oils in the ingredient listings.
Cosmedica Skincare Products with Jojoba Oil
Illuminating Rose Gold Facial Serum - One of our most fun products is a facial serum that is made of organic botanicals and hyaluronic acid. Plus, the rose gold aspect will give an instant soft glow to the skin that makes more radiant. Have radiant skin in a bottle? Yes, please!
2.5% Retinol Facial Serum - A serum that is chock full of pure retinol and vitamin E to encourage cellular turnover and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. You’ll be amazed at just how much smoother and more youthful the skin will look after a few weeks. It also helps with discoloration and hyperpigmentation to make the skin more flawless looking in every way. So, if you have problems with past sun damage, this is the product you want to start with to fade those spots away.
Multi-Active Hydrating Night Cream - A soothing night cream that will renew the skin while you sleep. Did you know that skin completely renews itself at night? It’s true. And the alpha-hydroxy acids in this product are a part of that rejuvenation process for the skin. Look forward to an improved texture and tone.
Vitamin C Facial Day Cream - The perfect day cream to help make visible improvements in the skin. With antioxidant properties, the product protects from free radical damage due to environmental factors. It helps to fortify the skin against the pollution that can break down protective barriers.
2.5% Retinol Facial Night Cream - This night cream works in tandem with the 2.5% Retinol Facial Serum to make serious improvements in the texture and tone of the skin. The skin is more youthful and glowing when using this duo each night.
Deep Detox Charcoal Mask - A weekly mask that will pull out toxins and impurities in the skin. A total refresh to the skin makes it clearer and even in tone. Use it a few times per week for the best results.
Cosmedica Skincare Products with Rosehip Oil
Vitamin C Facial Cleanser - An amazing cleanser that’s a vitamin C base to help improve vibrancy and clarity in the skin.
Super Nutrient Facial Balm - The rosehip seed oil is what makes the skin super soft when using this facial balm. Sagging, aging skin, and dullness are a thing of the past!
Cosmedica Skincare Products with Both Jojoba and Rosehip Oils
2.5 % Glycolic Facial Scrub - A powerful facial scrub with both jojoba and rosehip oils that will soften the skin while scrubbing away dead skin cells and debris for a more perfect complexion.
Hyaluronic Dew Multi-Mask - A new product to our lineup that contains skin-loving hyaluronic acid to bind moisture to the skin. All of the organic oils in this mask will plump the skin and make it more radiant and glowing.
Total Restorative Eye Cream - An eye cream to diminish fine lines and crow’s feet, along with making dark circles and puffiness go away. This is the best way to improve signs of aging in the eye area.
Are you ready to explore everything that jojoba oil and rosehip seed oil can do for your skin? Look forward to more beautiful skin in every way when Cosmedica Skincare is a part of your daily skincare routine.