5 Reasons to Care For Your Skin
The skin is the largest organ in the human body, and with being the biggest, comes a lot of responsibility. Whether it’s providing a physical barrier between vital organs and the outside world, or maintaining the moisture balance of the circulatory system, the importance of the skin cannot be overstated. Yet many people fail to care for their skin in the way they should... even though almost everything they do affects their skin.
Cosmedica Skincare is dedicated to your entire health and well-being, and a vital part of that is your dermatologic condition. We’re here to encourage you to take care of your skin.
Here are 5 reasons to care for you skin and improve your overall wellness:
- Comfort. Simply put, healthy skin is comfortable skin. Most of us have dealt with the discomfort of dry, dehydrated skin at some point. so we know how uncomfortable it can be. By properly cleansing, moisturizing, and nourishing our skin, it is less susceptible to damage and irritation.
- Faster Healing. Unless you plan on living in a bubble for the rest of your life, your skin will be exposed to the elements and subject to injury. Whether it's a scrape on the shin while playing with your child or a cut on the finger while cooking in the kitchen, you’re bound to damage your skin at some point. Healthy skin is better able to regenerate and heal itself, allowing you to heal faster and be less susceptible to infection. Topical products that enhance barrier protection make skin less susceptible to minor abrasions.
- Prevention of Illness. Your skin is the primary barrier between the outside world and your vital organs. As such, it blocks germs, illness, and other harmful elements from penetrating into your body and doing damage. Healthy skin is better able to defend you from elements that otherwise would make you sick.
- Cancer Prevention. The sun is a constant predator, damaging skin cells in way that eventually can lead to skin cancer. Care for your skin and yourself by using a sunscreen anytime you plan on heading out into the sun.
- Appearance. Not to be superficial, but healthy skin is better looking skin. Taking care of your skin reduces the signs of aging and provides a more vibrant, youthful complexion. It’s not a crime to want to look good, and caring for your skin helps you do just that!
This is the skin you’re in, and it’s the only skin you get, so care for it as best you can with Cosmedica Skincare products and a proper dermatologic treatment regimen.