Vitamin C is a very effective ingredient to have within your skincare products. If you don't have a vitamin C product incorporated into your skincare routine, now is the time to add it! Let's take a look at the many benefits of Vitamin C that we at Cosmedica Skincare take into consideration when manufacturing our products.
What is Vitamin C?
Vitamin C, also known as L-ascorbic acid is a water-soluble vitamin that is naturally present within many foods and is used in many skincare products. This specific vitamin is known for its anti-aging benefits, protecting our skin from radicals, and is also known to help brighten overall complexion. Additionally, Vitamin C is considered an exfoliant because it helps remove damaged cells within the skin that contain melanin and can also be used as a treatment for when your skin is inflamed or irritated. Vitamin C plays a huge part in our diet, skincare, and overall health.
Benefits of Vitamin C on the Skin
There are many benefits when it comes to using vitamin C on your skin. Usually, skin already contains a certain amount of Vitamin C within it, but it doesn't hurt to give your skin that little extra boost. Putting Vitamin C on the skin topically can help with concerns like fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots caused by the sun, and free radical protection.
When it comes to our skin, we all have those concerns about fine lines and wrinkles, dark spots from the sun, protection against pollution like smog or UV-induced damage, dull skin, and dry skin. When it comes to these skin concerns, Vitamin C is an ingredient that can benefit the skin. Vitamin C also helps create collagen within the skin and collagen is a major component because it is known to strengthen, benefit elasticity, and also hydrate your skin.
Over time using Vitamin C will even out your skin tone to create a more flawless texture. You’ll find that your skin is brighter, more radiant, and glowing with the infusion of the best Vitamin C skincare products from Cosmedica Skincare. This is one of those skincare ingredients that actually live up to its promise of better-looking skin because of the many benefits to using Vitamin C.
Vitamin C is also known to exfoliate, hydrate and brighten the skin. Vitamin C works differently than abrasive exfoliants used to scrub away dead skin. When you apply the Vitamin C Super Serum, it gently lifts away old cells while simultaneously nourishing the new skin. This gentle formula is effective and safe to use in the sensitive under eye area as well. When it comes to hydrating your skin Vitamin C decreases the moisture loss through your skin, which results in better hydration. Vitamin C fades hyperpigmentation, reducing dullness and leaving behind a dewy glow. Vitamin C impedes melanin production and helps you achieve an even-toned complexion. Additionally, it can reduce redness in your face and neck areas. By treating inflammatory conditions, Vitamin C has also been shown to leave behind a more balanced complexion.
Vitamin C Skincare Routine
Vitamin C for skin is truly an effective ingredient in skincare. If you aren’t on board with using products that contain Vitamin C yet, it’s time to join the club of gorgeously radiant skin. When using vitamin C, it will even out your skin tone, provide flawless texture, and even brighten your skin. At Cosmedica we carry some of the best Vitamin C products for your everyday skincare routine. In order to kick start your Vitamin C skincare journey here is a step-by-step on our favorite Vitamin C skincare routine!
- Step One: Start by cleansing your face with our Vitamin C Facial Cleanser. This daily cleanser helps boost your natural vibrance with the added power of Vitamin C that helps combat free radicals. The Vitamin C Cleanser helps reduce acne and improve the appearance of acne scars while also helping boost brightness in your daily AM skincare routine.
- Step Two: Tone your face using our Vitamin C Prep & Tone Facial Toner. The Vitamin C Prep & Tone Facial Toner is the perfect addition to your AM skincare routine. Our facial toners help other serums and moisturizers perform better, as well as prep your skin for makeup when you start the day.
- Step Three: Treat your skin by using the Vitamin C Super Serum. This serum is very beneficial because of its nutrient rich Vitamin E and Hylasyn. Cosmedica Skincare's proprietary formula of low and medium molecular weight Hyaluronic Acid, promotes healthy hydration to repair and condition tired skin to reveal a more balanced complexion. This serum is also known to brighten and help boost your collagen production with proven antioxidant protection of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and Hyaluronic Acid.
- Step Four: Moisturize your skin using our Vitamin C Facial Day Cream. Our Vitamin C Facial Day Cream is a powerful blend of antioxidant-rich and restorative active ingredients to reveal a radiant complexion. Vitamin C is a well-known antioxidant that works to combat the damaging effects of UV rays.
Another step that you can take is you can add our Super C boost to any of your skincare products like your serum, toner, or even moisturizer so that you can get that additional dose of Vitamin C. The Super C Boost is known for targeting signs of discoloration, brightening dull complexions, and targeting signs of aging. You can also use this product in your favorite sunscreen or any other body lotions as well!
How to increase the effectiveness of Vitamin C skincare products
- Use a Derma Roller System to microneedle the skin in order to see the results of Vitamin C products quicker. Microneedling the skin allows products to penetrate deeper into the skin, therefore results are seen faster.
- Use your favorite broad-spectrum sunscreen every day! UV-induced damage causes dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. Protecting your skin now will allow you to avoid future damage.
- Make sure to follow a skin routine consistently. Bad habits like not washing your face at night, or not applying serums and moisturizers on a regular basis only make current skin concerns worse. Take care of your skin every day, not just on special occasions.
Many don't realize the importance of Vitamin C and how much our skin relies on it. At Cosmedica Skincare Vitamin C is one of our favorite ingredients to add into our products because of the many benefits that vitamin C has to offer.